In particular, tasks of the Committee include:
- Assessments of the state of development and the needs of physics or related disciplines and scientific institutions; opinions, evaluations, expert’s reports and scientific forecasts;
- Expressing opinions on physics education; analysis and evaluation of curricula;
- Expressing opinions on position of young scientists in the field of physics and acting for their proper development;
- Analysis of important problems of physics or related disciplines and initiating the debates, discussions and conferences;
- Analysis of the position of Polish physics and its contribution to the development of this discipline in the world and promotion of international cooperation.